Monday 18 June 2012

Tuesday 5th June - Ingleton Waterfalls walk

Got a bit of catching up to do blog wise, sorry for the delayed posts..

On our last day of our Yorkshire trip we were a bit on the fence about what to do. We had wanted to take a look at White Scar Caves, but I wasn't feeling too well and the prospect of a 90 minute tour with no escape didn't overly please me. So we decided to check out the waterfalls at Ingleton.

We arrived expecting to pay for parking, but we were met with a demand to pay for the walk - but it's Free parking though (great!) in total the visit cost us £11 for 3 of us. Not much in the grand scheme of things, but a shock considering it's rare to pay for access.

It was also rammed with fellow bank holidayers which displeased the grumpy Wainwright in me! The river was barely flowing which was also a discouraging sign..

The falls did get more impressive as we walked on, but were not the best I've ever seen. Halfway round there was a trailor selling icecreams and sandwhiches. I opted to wait till the refreshment cafe marked on the map. It was a fatal error. The cafe only sold crisps and bacon sarnies (not good if your a veggie). I stomped round the rest of the walk complaining about their false advertising and the poor path maintenance. Once back in Ingleton I was determined not to patron-ise their main cafe so we headed off into the villiage for some food. God bless Inglesport and it's cheap as chips cafe. One big plate of egg and chips later and I was a happy bunny again. This was the highlight of my day.. I really liked Ingleton itself and would like to stay there next time I'm in Yorkshire. Was gutted to find out after getting home that they have an outdoor lido  there which will even hire you towels and a costume - now that would have been a nice end to the day..

Money tree in the woods













No comments:

Post a Comment